Laser Hair Removal
What is laser hair removal and what are the benefits of it?
The procedure of laser hair removal involves absorption of radiated light by the pigment in the hair follicles and its transformation into thermal energy, which leads to their death. Thus the light selectively affects hair structures without damaging the surrounding skin.
Who can benefit from laser hair removal?
Both men and women, regardless of the skin type.
Which body areas can be treated?
All parts of the body can be treated. There are no limits.
How many treatments are required?
The number of treatments required is different for everybody and depends on various factors: the hair structure, the treated body area, age, hormonal background and many others. Usually it takes 4 – 6 procedures for the different body areas and for the face – 6 – 12 procedures.
Before a laser hair removal treatment it is recommended that:
1 The treated body areas shouldn`t be tanned. During the procedures the skin should be as close to its natural color as possible.
- Twenty days before the procedure shouldn’t be performed any other hair removal method on the treated area, such as waxing, epilating, tweezing.
- Three days before the procedure the body hair may be removed with razor and the face hair – with scissors.
- The hair mustn`t be bleached before the laser hair removal treatment.
- Any cosmetic procedure that leads to skin peeling shouldn’t be performed at least 15 days before the laser hair removal.
- During the laser hair removal there shouldn`t be any make-up on the skin.
After a laser hair removal it is recommended that:
- The treated areas shouldn’t be suntanned or exposed to artificial UV (solarium), 2 days after the procedure. If this is not possible, the skin should be protected with high-SPF sunscreen (SPF 30).
- If you have tanned your skin between the treatments, you should stop the laser hair removal until the skin gets back to its natural color.
- After the laser hair removal, you may take a shower with lukewarm water. Peeling or any other aggressive procedure shouldn`t be performed on the skin.
- Depending on the skin sensitivity level and the treated body area, redness may occur. It will last from an hour to a few days.
- Blisters or pimples are also possible after the procedure, but they will disappear without the need of any medical treatment.
- The hair roots of the treated body area, may elongate themselves a little bit, for a period of 3 to 10 days. After that they start to fall or can be plucked off with fingers.
- Between each treatment there should be a period of four weeks for the face and of six weeks for the body.